sábado, 20 de junio de 2009

Testing Windows 7

I just finished the installation of all the programs that I usually use every day on my computer with the RC1 of the Windows 7. And I must admit it was relatively easy to get it working fine. I had some troubles but they were quickly solved.

Some of the aspects about this new Windows version are really nice.

  1. The installation itself was easy. I remember I tried to install Vista RC1 a long time ago, It was just terrible, a lot of components of my computer just won’t work ever on that because the drivers for them simply didn’t exist. This time instead almost of my hardware components were ready to use, just after the installation. The Wireless USB receiver, the USB web cam and my two audio cards were the exception, but I didn’t have any trouble trying to install the vista version of the driver that came with the USB receiver, or with the driver version of Vista for my two audio Cards (Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum, and the default integrated audio that came with my Intel DP35DP Motherboard). I found the Driver version for the Intel Integrated Audio on the Intel website, and even when they claim that the driver was beta also it is doing really good right now.
  2. The Aspect of the Desktop. I don’t know if Microsoft copy the new desktop style from others Operative Systems, I will only say that it looks good, I seems a lot like Vista, but with less invasive warning windows (yes they’re still there). Well I must admit I have not used Vista too much, I really didn’t use Vista on a regular basis like to make a fair comparison. But comparing Windows 7 with the well loved Windows XP you really see some good changes in the UI. I’m tempted to believe that this instance of Windows 7 is running faster than my old good XP.

I will post more comments about Windows 7 later… for today it is time to stop!

Bye.

image

image

image

image

image

image

No hay comentarios: